You all know how I had severe acne and I fortunately got rid of it. However, it left my skin with a lot of acne scars. I tried different medications and masks but nothing really showed visible difference. There came a time when I also started to believe that acne scars only go with time and there is nothing you can do to speed up the process. But the whole ideology literally reversed when I got my hands on Aztec clay mask which is 100% natural Bentonite clay.
The first time I got it was around 5 to 6 months ago. I used it once in a week in the regular manner and prepared it the regular way using apple cider vinegar. It did not seem to be very effective and in fact, when I applied the undiluted apple cider vinegar to my face, it left it irritated as well.
I stopped using it for a while and then just a month ago, I decided to experiment with it by preparing it my way for acne scars. So, I took a few ingredients that can help acne and acne scars and mixed them with the clay and prepared my own customized mask.
Trust me guys! Just a month back I had my cheeks covered with acne scars and after using this mask regularly, I am only left with a small faded patch of scars on my left cheek. NO LIES! It has given me the QUICKEST results ever.
I have completely fallen for this holy-grail Aztec clay mask. And I can say that all the hype of it being the best mask for acne-prone skin is absolutely true. The best part about this mask is that you can play around with it and customize it according to your needs. I really want you guys to try it too and benefit from it like me. So, read through to learn my secret recipe for fading acne scars!
- A tablespoon of Aztec Clay Mask
- 4 drops of tea tree oil
- Rose water or regular icy cold water
- 3 drops of any hydrating or rejuvenating serum (optional, it is just something that I occasionally add to my mask)
- Always take a plastic or glass bowl for making the mask. Do not use steel crockery as it is clearly mentioned on the mask.
- Add the clay to the bowl and pour tea tree oil on it.
- Add rose water as it is a toner for face and suitable for all skin types. If you don’t have rose water, icy cold water will work well.
- Mix it altogether with the help of a flat brush and make sure there are no lumps. Then, add a few drops of any serum as per your liking. You can also skip this part as it does not contribute to fading acne scars really.
- When it turns into a smooth paste-like form, apply it evenly on your face.
- Leave it on for 25 to 30 minutes or until it dries completely. Remember that you may feel a little irritated at first but that is normal. It is when you know the mask is digging into the pores and getting the job done.
- Then, rinse your face with water and cleanser. And immediately apply a moisturizer while your face is slightly wet.
- I use this mask around 4 days a week and it actually works better and quicker when I increase the use.
- If your skin is too dry and you worry about it getting dried out due to regular use, you can use it on alternate days. And apply loads of moisturizer after washing it off. Plus, you can also add a hydrating serum to the mask as discussed earlier.
- I usually apply it as a part of my nighttime skincare routine before going to bed. That’s when I suggest you to use it too.
Final Verdict for Aztec Clay Mask:
I do not suggest any remedy until I have tried and tested it on myself and seen clear results. This one really worked wonders for my skin and I do not need any other mask in the meantime as it not only helps acne scars but it also detoxifies the skin like none other.
One jar of Aztec Indian Healing Clay is enough to last a year if you use it the right way. For the quantity and results, I feel that the price of PKR 2100 is just amazing.
If you have any questions, shoot them in the comments below and I will reply to all your queries. Also, let me know in the comments if you have tried any other method for acne scars that worked for you!